A long time ago, when you wanted a cool shave, you had to go to the barber and wait for him to take the matter into his hands. The barber used to tell you to relax while holding a razor near your neck’s soft spot.
Luckily, you can now shave at your home just by using electrical shavers which eliminates the risk of cutting your skin because they are safe and convenient to use. Electric shavers consist of rotor blades that swing backward and forward to shave the harsh and tiny hairs of the face that are hard to cut.
The blades are surrounded by the guards on the shaver to keep your skin safe from the rotor blades. Most guards have open slots that capture the hairs and elevate them so, the shaver can trim them more effectually.
The head of the electric shaver bends from each other which allows the shavers to adjust according to the outline of your face helping you in achieving a closer shave. Additionally, among the best attributes of electric shaver is that they can be used in dry or wet surroundings along with a foam or a shaving gel.
Best Electric Shavers for Men 2019 Comparison Table
Battery Life: 60mins
Battery Life: 50mins
Battery Life: 45mins
Battery Life: 50mins
Battery Life: 45mins
You must take some features such as design, comfort, nature, and style of an electric shaver into consideration before making a purchase. This is not going to be a piece of cake for you because you will have to search thoroughly for it. However, to make it easy for you we have compiled a list of the best electric shavers available in the market. Read further to weight their pros and cons and buy the one that suits you the most. Also, we give some tips to consider when buying an electric shaver.
1. Remington F5-5800 – The most affordable electric shaver
Foil style electric shavers are very expensive, but Remington continuously introduces the most affordable models in the market that work efficiently. The Remington F5-5800 is the best electric shaver available at a reasonable cost. It provides a distinct level of effectiveness, bearing in mind the cost you pay.
F5-5800 comes with a bending handle that is secure to use. In the meantime, the head of the electric shaver is the proper size to cover hard to trim areas like the upper part of the lips. However, you must acknowledge that this model does not allow the shave of wet areas. Additionally, it does not work with a gel or foam.
The model has a well-working rechargeable battery and there is a line of LEDs on the handle that conveniently shows the charging levels. It is also recommended to use it for traveling purposes or even to keep a second shaver with you in the office, due to its low price and small size. Additionally, specialists review that this model is the best in terms of budget.
The main features of the product are:
- It comes with an intercept shaving technology that pre-trims the longer hairs.
- The pivot and flex technology let the shaver to adjust and keep closer contact with the skin.
- The rechargeable battery allows the product to use for about 60 minutes without the attachment of a cord.
- It has a pop-up trimmer that trims precisely on the areas like between the nose and lips.
- Low price as a foil style electric shaver
- Small in size
- Pop-up trimmer
- Tilting foils
- Bent handle
- Less longevity
- Does not work with foam or gel
- Sharp edges with the time
2. Philips Norelco 9000 – The best spinning shaver
Philips Norelco 9000 is all in one shaver because it has the capacity to attach the trimmers and brushes. It just takes good care of every aspect to make your morning routine shave easy. The best thing about Norelco 9000 is that it comes with technology to detect the contour along with V-track blades that trim all the hairs including the tiny ones.
The shaver provides you a clean shave by cutting all hairs without leaving scratches on your skin. Since it has a unique shaver design that helps it to move easily according to the contouring of your face and grips a lot of hair in a single time than many other shavers.
Furthermore, Philips Norelco 9000 trims the hair from two sides so carefully that you don’t feel your hair pulled out. The shaver you a final look that looks finished by not sparing any part of your face. You can easily control the blade and replace it if it wears out.
There is also a display attached with the shaver which indicates the level of the battery, cleaning level, and replacing head time. It also fits into your hand perfectly to make the shaving experience a comfortable one.
Check out full review of Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 (Model At830/46)
The main features of Philips Norelco 9000 are:
- It comes with a premium case for the shaver and accessories.
- It has a thoughtful design to level up with the beauty of the shaver.
- The shaver can be turned into a beard styler.
- It comes with a cleaner brush.
- Quality shaving
- Easy to understand display
- Not enough space in the case for attachments
- High price
3. Braun Electric Shaver, Series 3 ProSkin 3040s – The best electric shaver overall
Braun is a German brand considered as the first-rate shavers because it is best known for being easy, instinctively designed, and providing maximum performance. It is a trusted product for men as it cleans the skin in just one stroke so that you don’t move it again and again on the same spot hence lowering the irritation.
Braun electric shaver series 3 comes with a micro comb technology that grips and cleans more hair in just one shave. It has a triple action system for cutting with two foils, and a middle trimmer to give you a perfect shave.
You can also use this model with water, gel, and foam to move smoothly and giving you an even facial look. It is 100% waterproof with two powerful rechargeable batteries.
The premium features of Braun Electric Shaver, Series 3 ProSkin 3040s are:
- It comes with 3 specialized shaving components for a gentle shave.
- The micro comb technology catches more hair for a quick shave.
- The product has skin sensitive blades to protect your skin.
- It has a powerful design that lets it reach under the nose.
- You can shave on dry or wet skin with water, foam, and gel.
- The product is waterproof, so you can clean it after shaving.
- It has a premium chargeable battery that works for about 1 hour and 45 minutes without a cord.
- Flexible to use
- Trims harsh hairs
- Large shaving head
- Faster shave
- Plastic design in the body
4. Braun Series 9 9293s – The best high-end electric shaver
Braun Series 9 9293s is an upgraded model of Braun series with the newest features and design. Though it costs a few more bucks to buy this model, the product is to pay for. It has a trimming head with four individual parts. The outer par trims the skin closely, and the middle two parts lift the hair upward for trimming. This way the laying and odd directed hairs are also caught.
If you don’t like the spinning heads in an electric shaver because they ill-fit to the contours of the face; this model will resolve that issue for you. It has the flexibility to match the contours to get a perfect shaving feel.
The other benefit of this model is that it has one of the largest heads for an electric shaver which lets you finish the shave faster. It also works on dry and wet skin as well and you can trim with using foam or gel.
The main attributes of Braun Series 9 9293s are:
- It has 5 shaving components for the most efficient shave.
- It comes with 2 trimmers with a titanium sheet to get all the hair in one go.
- The 10,000 micro-vibration technology capture hairs in hard to reach areas.
- It works on both wet and dry skin to give you a smooth shave.
- It is 100% washable and waterproof.
- It comes with a charging stand to save your space in the bathroom.
- It can work up to 50 minutes after charging.
- Cuts cleanly and evenly
- Cleaning box works very well
- Cuts close compared to other razors
- Refill packages are fairly expensive
- The trimmer is not as wide
5. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor – The best shaver for thick facial hair
Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor is best for guys with the coarse beard since it has 5 heads and a lifting foil to grip tight on every hair even the harsh ones. Also, it’s Arc5 framework can provide about 14,000 cuts of the hairs in a minute to make sure the hard hairs are trimmed easily.
The model comes with accessories like a shower cap so that they don’t wear out and you can close them when not in use. It also has a travel pouch and a lock to make certain the shaver doesn’t turn on itself.
The product comes with 5 blades for a close shave and 30-degree blades for the best shaving results. It is so efficient that everyone falls in love once using it. The multi-flex moving ensures to match the contours of your face for a comfortable shave.
It has a fancy charging dock that has the ability to self-clean so it cleans automatically and dries it too. Its blades move faster to give you a smooth yet sharp face trimming. You can use it in wet and dry areas and it has the best performance for coarse hairs.
The other main features of Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor are:
- The model has ultra-sharp and ultra-thin blades for a clean shave.
- It has the ability to change the acceleration according to the density of the beard.
- The multi-flex pivoting will move easily to the tough areas like under the nose.
- It has a precise pop-up trimmer for a quick shave.
- The close shave on thick hairs
- Cut coarse hair rather than pulling
- Faster shave
- Extra accessories
- Easy to manually clean
- Trimmer is mediocre at best
- Rough on the neck area
Things to consider when buying an electric shaver
Electric shavers, without any doubt, are the best because they have multiple features to offer such as shaving heads, sensors, battery life, and many others. There is a variety of electric shaver available in the market, therefore, to make the right decision; you must evaluate your needs. Here are the things you should take into account before buying an electric shaver.
- First of all, take a look at the electric shaver to know if it’s rotary or foil shaver however, both perform the same function with a few differences. But it is up to your choice whichever you think is suitable for you.
- You must buy an electric shaver that fits into your budget but is also a good quality product so that you use it without worrying about the durability of the shaver.
- Modern shavers come with an LED and LCD to indicate you of the low battery and other signs. By having this, you’ll be informed to charge them.
- Electric shavers also have an option to buy among the cordless or with the cord. You will find these both compatible. Cordless will become a problem when you are traveling whereas cords will be restricting for you at times.
- All shavers require maintenance, therefore, clean them periodically for using it for a longer time.
- Also, many shavers come with accessories so, you must consider them before buying.
- Do not forget to have a look at the battery life span of the shaver.
- It is necessary to look at the coverage included in the shaver for future concerns.
With these points, we wrap up the review. However, you must be confused about choosing the best electric shavers; we suggest that the Braun 9293s is particularly designed to overcome the tiny facial hair of persistent shave. It has an adjustable and pivoting head that also be locked at any angle to provide a close shave. It is also easy to maintain and clean. Also has a beneficial digital display to indicate you of low battery.